About Dr. Rami
Rami Hashish, PhD, DPT, PPL
Dr. Rami is the Founder of the National Biomechanics Institute and the Chief Technological Officer of pareIT – an artificial intelligence platform that extracts relevant data from medical records. He holds a PhD in Biomechanics from the University of Southern California (USC), a Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) from the University of Washington School of Medicine, a Bachelors in Journalism from the University of Washington, and a Private Pilot License (PPL) through the Federal Aviation Administration.
Dr. Rami specializes in determining injury causation and mitigation across a variety of settings, including athletic participation, motor vehicle accidents, aviation, and criminal activity. Dr. Hashish is one of the foremost leaders in the field of Biomechanics, having testified and authored reports as an expert witness in more than 1000 civil and federal cases.
Dr. Rami’s primary research focus is in human injury and performance. In addition to his role at NBI and pareIT, Dr. Rami is Adjunct Clinical Faculty in USC’s Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, and is one of 6 individuals globally who serve on the spine and brain injury scale steering committee as part of the Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine. As an instructor in musculoskeletal and systems anatomy at USC, he has participated in more than 100 human cadaver dissections.
Dr. Rami has more than 50 peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations, serves as an editor for the Journal of Ergonomics, and on the editorial review board for various high impact medical and biomechanics journals. Prior to founding NBI, Dr. Rami served as a Senior Consultant in Biomechanics at Exponent and as the Director of Rehabilitation Medicine at UrbanMed in Los Angeles, California.
In his free time, Dr. Rami enjoys spending time with his family, including his wife, Jasmin, his parents, Mohamed & Nadia, and brother, Ameer. And if he has a day-off, you’re likely to find him doing a beachside bike ride with Jasmin, or exploring the California skies in a Cessna.
• PhD, Biokinesiology (Emphasis in Biomechanics), University of Southern California, 2014
• DPT, Doctorate of Physical Therapy, University of Washington School of Medicine, 2009
• BA, Communications (Emphasis in Journalism), University of Washington, 2006
• Principal, National Biomechanics Institute
• Adjunct Clinical Faculty, USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy
• Abbreviated Injury Scale Subcommittee Member, Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine
• Chief Technological Officer, pareIT
• CTO, JavanScience, 2012-2016
• Senior Associate in Biomechanics, Exponent, 2015-2016
• Medical Correspondent / Contributing Columnist, Dignity Health, 2014-2016
• Director of Physical Therapy, UrbanMed, 2014-2015
• Co-Founder & CTO, JavanScience, 2012-2015
• Teaching / Research Assistant, USC Division of Biokinesiology and Physical Therapy, 2009-2014
• Journal of Biomechanics
• Journal of Pain Research
• Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise
• Gait and Posture
• Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research
• Human Movement Sciences
• International Journal of Sports Medicine
• Journal of Sports Science & Medicine
• Journal of Forensic & Legal Medicine
• Private Pilot, Federal Aviation Administration, United States, #4256896
• Licensed Physical Therapist, California, #38319
• Traffic Crash Reconstruction for the Forensic Engineer, Northwestern University
• Traffic Crash Analysis Using Virtual Crash Simulation, Forensic Training Group
• CDR Technician Level 1 & 2, Collision Safety Institute
• CXLT, Excel Tribometers
• Diploma in Photography, Shaw Academy
• Advanced Photogrammetry, LightPoint Data
Dr. Rami has more than 50 peer-reviewed publications and conference presentations. For a complete list of all manuscripts, please download his CV.
• Exercise System for Shifting an Optimum Length of Peak Muscle Tension USPTO #: 13/897,618
• Modular Shoe Systems and Methods of Using Same USPTO #: 14/211,639
• Co-Inventors: Sachithra D. Samarawickrame, Yuta Hyakusoku
• American Society of Biomechanics
• American Physical Therapy Association
• American Society of Mechanical Engineers
• American Society of Civil Engineers
• Association for the Advancement of Automotive Medicine
• National Association of Traffic Accident Reconstructionists and Investigators